Preparation & cooking time: 30 min
Cannot be frozen
For the grilled tomatoes and toast:
– 1 tbsp avocado oil, melted
– 1 onion, finely diced
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 1 aubergine, finely diced
– 1 tbsp oregano leaves, roughly chopped
– ¼ tsp red peppercorns, crushed
For the scrambled eggs:
– 1 carton of Two Chicks Whole Egg
– 2 tbsp avocado oil
– a few sprigs of oregano
– salt and freshly ground pepper
1. For the aubergine sauté: Heat the avocado oil in a sauté pan set over a medium heat until hot. Add the onion, garlic, and aubergine, frying gently for 6 – 7 minutes until softened and starting to colour.
2. Season to taste with chopped oregano, salt, and crushed red pepper; set to one side.
3. Heat half a tablespoon of avocado oil in an omelette pan set over a moderate heat until hot. Add the 130g of Two Chicks whole egg to the pan with a generous pinch of salt and pepperand tilt it to let the egg run over the surface of the pan. As the omelette sets, bring its edges towards the centre to allow any uncooked egg to reach the surface of the pan.
4. Once golden underneath, fold the omelette over and slide onto a serving plate. Repeat step 3 for the other omelettes.
5. Serve with the aubergine sauté and a garnish of oregano.