This very low fat dessert tastes so good – and it’s good for you too!
Serves 4 / Preparation time: 15 minutes, plus chilling
– 200ml (7fl oz) Two Chicks free-range liquid egg white
– 2 tablespoons caster sugar
– 200g (7oz) blackberries
– 200g (7oz) blueberries
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 200g (7oz) low fat Greek-style yogurt
– Mint sprigs, to decorate
1. Whisk the two chicks egg whites in a clean, grease-free bowl until they form soft peaks. Gradually whisk in the caster sugar until the mixture forms stiff, glossy peaks.
2. Reserve half the blackberries and blueberries and purée the rest with a hand-held electric blender, or in a food processor.
3. Mix together the vanilla and yogurt, then use a large metal spoon to gradually fold in the egg whites, keeping in as much air as possible.
4. Next, partially fold in the berry purée – it’s nicer if it’s kept swirly. Spoon the mixture into four glasses with the remaining whole fruits and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving, decorated with mint sprigs.
A 500ml pack of Two Chicks free-range liquid egg white contains the equivalent of 15 medium egg whites.
Try this recipe with a mixture of raspberries, strawberries and blackberries.
21g carbohydrate of which 21g sugars
2g fat of which 1g saturates
128mg sodium equivalent to 0.3g salt