This super-quick Two Chicks egg-white omelette is filled with chopped roasted red pepper with sliced avocado and rocket for a fast and healthy lunch or supper.
Serves 1 / Preparation time: 5 minutes / Cooking time: 5 minutes
– 150ml (1/4 pint) Two Chicks liquid egg white
– 2 tablespoons skimmed milk
– 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives or parsley
– 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
– 75g (3oz) roasted red peppers (in brine), drained and sliced
– 1 small ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
– 50g (2oz) goat’s cheese, sliced
– Handful of rocket or watercress
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Beat the two chicks egg white and milk together with a fork. Stir in the chives or parsley and season with a little salt and pepper.
2. Preheat the grill.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan and add the vegetable oil. Pour in the egg white mixture and cook over a medium heat until the base has set, then arrange the peppers over the surface. Transfer to the grill to cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Slice the omelette onto a warm serving plate fill with the avocado goat’s cheese and rocket or watercress. Fold over and serve at once.
Add a sliced tomato along with the avocado, if you like.
24g carbohydrate of which 19g sugars
34g fat of which 13g saturates
650mg sodium equivalent to 1.6g salt