Preparation & cooking time: preparation:15 min / cooking time: 30 mins
Can be frozen once cooked
– 200g Broccoli
– 100g oat flour (if you don’t have this you can use regular oats)
– 70g Two Chicks liquid egg white
– 2 tablespoons greek yoghurt
– ½ teaspoon baking powder
– Additional milk/milk alternative if needed
1. Preheat your oven to 180.
2. Break the broccoli into florets and add them to a food processor. Blend until you are left with a fine mixture. You don’t want any chunks of broccoli so keep blending until it’s as fine as couscous or rice.
3. If you are making your own oat flour do this now but adding oats to the food processor and blending until fine. If you have oat flour add it directly to the broccoli.
4. Add the baking powder, seasoning and any herbs you like to the mixture.
5. In a smaller separate bowl mix together the egg white and yoghurt. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir well. At this stage if the mixture appears too wet add some milk or milk alternative until the mixture is loser but not so much that it turns runny.
6. Tip the mixture into your tin and bake for 30 minutes. The top should be golden brown and a knife should come and clean if you give it a poke!
7. Allow the bread to cool fully before trying to slice it or it can fall apart. I like to lightly toast each slice under the grill then top it with scrambled egg or spread it with fat free cream cheese and smoked salmon.
Note – Use a silicone mould as it’s much easier to get things out of. But if you are using a traditional loaf tin make sure it is well oiled and lined with baking paper or you might have trouble getting your bread out!