This is such a tasty open omelette! It’s made with grated courgette and chopped herbs – added to sensational two chicks liquid egg white, then topped with lightly cooked asparagus spears and Parma Ham, with Parmesan shavings.
Serves 1 / Preparation time: 10 minutes / Cooking time: 10 minutes
– 75g (3oz) fine asparagus spears.
– 1 teaspoon olive oil.
– 200ml (7fl oz) Two Chicks liquid egg white.
– 1 medium courgette, grated.
– 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley.
– 3 slices Parma ham or prosciutto (35g).
– 15g (1/2 oz) Parmesan cheese shavings.
– Freshly ground black pepper.
1. Preheat the grill. Arrange the asparagus spears on the grill rack and brush with a little olive oil. Grill for 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally, until tender. Set aside.
2. Heat a little olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and add the two chicks liquid egg white. Sprinkle the courgette and parsley over the surface and cook over a medium-low heat to set the base.
3. Arrange the asparagus spears over the surface and transfer the pan to the grill to set the surface.
4. Slide the omelette onto a warm plate and top with the slices of Parma ham or prosciutto and Parmesan shavings. Season with freshly ground black pepper and serve at once.
Try using thinly sliced mushrooms instead of the courgette.
Another time, top the omelette with flaked smoked trout or mackerel.
If asparagus isn’t available, try lightly cooked tender-stem broccoli instead.
5.5g carbohydrate of which 5g sugars
13g fat of which 5g saturates
1137mg sodium equivalent to 2.8g salt