These clever little low fat crustless quiches use thin slices of ham to line muffin tins, then they are filled with two chicks egg white, grated courgette, chopped tomato and a little grated Cheddar. They’re perfect for starters, snacks, light lunches and picnics.
Makes 6 / Preparation time: 10 minutes / Cooking time: 20 minutes
– Few drops of vegetable oil.
– 12 thin slices roast ham.
– 200ml (7fl oz) Two Chicks liquid egg white.
– 1 courgette, grated.
– 3 spring onions, finely chopped.
– 1 large tomato, chopped.
– 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or parsley.
– 50g (2oz) mature Cheddar cheese, grated.
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
1 Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4. Use a little vegetable oil to grease 6 ‘holes’ of a muffin tin.
2 Use 2 slices of ham to line each greased muffin section, pushing them in carefully to avoid breaking them.
3 Beat the Two Chicks liquid egg white lightly, then add the courgette, spring onions, tomato, thyme or parsley and grated cheese. Season with a little salt and pepper and mix well.
4 Spoon into the ham cases, then bake for 15-20 minutes until set. Serve warm or cold.
2g carbohydrate of which 2g sugars
1g fat of which 0.4g saturates
287mg sodium equivalent to 0.7g salt