Fancy something hot for pudding? Try this fruity recipe!
Serves 4 / Preparation time: 15 minutes / Cooking time: 8 minutes
– 8 sponge fingers (boudoir biscuits).
– 8 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice.
– 3 tablespoons sweet sherry.
– 4 heaped teaspoons low sugar strawberry jam.
– 200g (7oz) strawberries, sliced.
– 200g (7oz) raspberries.
– 100g (4oz) blueberries.
– 200ml (7fl oz) Two Chicks liquid egg white.
– 2 tablespoons caster sugar.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan oven 180°C/ Gas Mark 6.
2. Break the sponge fingers to fit into 4 heatproof serving dishes or ramekins. Mix the apple juice and sherry together, then spoon over the sponges. Add 1 teaspoon of jam to each dish.
3. Mix together the strawberries, raspberries and blueberries and share between the dishes.
4. Whisk the two chicks egg white in a clean, grease-free bowl until it forms soft peaks. Gradually whisk in the caster sugar until the mixture forms stiff, glossy peaks. Pile on top of the fruit, then bake for 6-8 minutes until golden and marshmallowy. Eat immediately!
Vary the fruit as you like – you could even do a retro version with canned fruit cocktail.
Remember – any trace of grease in the bowl or on the beaters will prevent egg white from whisking, so be sure that they are squeaky-clean!
37g carbohydrate of which 34g sugars
1g fat of which 0.05g saturates
91mg sodium equivalent to 0.2g salt