Preparation & cooking time: preparation 10 min / cooking time 12-15 min
– 4 tablespoons Two Chicks liquid egg white.
– 75g (3oz) caster sugar.
– 50g (2oz) plain flour.
– 50g (2oz) butter, melted and cooled.
– 50g ground almonds.
– 2-3 drops almond essence.
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C / fan oven 170°C / Gas Mark 5. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat the two chicks egg white and sugar together. Stir in the flour, cooled butter, ground almonds and almond essence.
3. Place dessertspoons of the mixture onto the prepared trays, allowing room for them to spread. Bake for 12-15 minutes until pale golden. Cool on a wire rack.
Add a few flaked almonds to the mixture if you like.
Keep the biscuits in an airtight tin for up to 3 weeks.