This lovely low fat dessert, ‘Luscious Lime Meringue Pudding’ is a real treat.
Serves 4 / Preparation time: 5 minutes / Cooking time: 10 minutes
– 200ml (7fl oz) Two Chicks liquid egg white.
– 50g (2oz) caster sugar.
– 200g (7oz) low fat soft cheese.
– 100g (4oz) low fat Greek yogurt.
– Finely grated zest and juice of 2 limes.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan oven 160°C or to Gas Mark 4.
2. In a large grease-free bowl, whisk the two chicks egg white until it holds its shape. Whisk in the sugar and whisk again until stiff and glossy.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, beat together the soft cheese, yogurt, lime zest and lime juice. Fold in about one quarter of the whisked egg white. Share between 4 ramekins or individual heatproof dishes. Top with the meringue.
4. Bake for 6-8 minutes, until the meringue in golden brown. Serve at once.
Use the juice and zest of one large lemon instead of 2 limes.
Add a layer of fresh or frozen berries to the base of the desserts for a change.
17g carbohydrate of which 17g sugars
4g fat of which 3g saturates
315mg sodium equivalent to 0.7g salt