Preparation & cooking time: 50 min
Cannot be frozen
For the pancakes:
– 250 ml | 9 fl oz | 1 cup almond milk
– 80g of Two Chicks Liquid Whole Egg
– 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
– 75 g | 2 ½ oz | ½ cup plain flour, sifted
– 55 g | 2 oz | ⅓ cup buckwheat flour, sifted
– 2 tsp stevia
– 3 – 4 tbsp light agave nectar
– 2 large bananas, sliced
– 225 g | 8 oz | 1 ½ cups blueberries
1. Whisk together the almond milk, Two Chicks whole egg, and a tablespoon of melted coconut oil in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add both flours and the stevia, gradually whisking until you have a smooth batter. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
3. Remove the pancake batter and heat a teaspoon of the remaining coconut oil in a frying pan set over a medium heat until hot.
4. Add small ladles of the batter and cook until golden and set underneath. Flip and cook for a further minute or so until golden.
5. Remove to a warm plate and cover loosely with aluminium foil. Cook the remaining batter in the same way, using fresh coconut oil for each batch.
6. Serve the cooked pancakes in stacks drizzled with agave syrup, and topped with sliced banana, and blueberries.