Preparation & cook time: 25 minutes
Chilling: 30 minutes
Cannot be frozen
For the pancakes:
– 112 g | 4 oz | 1 cup plain (all purpose) flour
– 1 pinch salt
– 8 tbsp Two Chicks liquid egg white
– 225 ml | 8 fl oz | 1 cup milk
– 4 tbsp finely chopped mixed herbs
– 1 tbsp vegetable oil
For the filling:
– 225 g | 8 oz | 1 cup cream cheese
– 225 g | 8 oz smoked salmon, thinly sliced
– red thyme leaves
– edible flowers
1. For the pancakes: sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the Two Chicks liquid egg white and beat well.
2. Add half the milk and beat until smooth. Stir in the remaining milk and the herbs until blended.
3. Lightly oil a pancake or frying pan and heat until smoking hot. Add enough batter to coat the base. Cook until set and lightly golden then turn over and cook for another 50 seconds. Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining batter, greasing the pan between each pancake.
4. Slide the cooked pancakes onto a plate, layering up the pancakes with non-stick baking paper, so they don’t stick together. Leave to cool completely.
5. Spread the cream cheese on the pancakes and using cling film, roll the pancakes up tightly like a Swiss roll. Wrap tightly in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
6. Cut into slices. Roll up the salmon slices and place on top of the pancake slices. Garnish with red thyme and edible flowers.