Serves 4 servings (2 slices each):
-Oil or cooking spray
– 250g Two Chicks liquid egg white
– 240ml skimmed milk
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 150g cup raw cane sugar
– 8 slices thick-sliced bread
– Assorted berries, optional
1. Coat a non-stick frying pan with oil or cooking spray.
2. Heat over a medium-high heat.
3. Combine the milk, Two Chicks liquid egg white, cinnamon and nutmeg in a dish and whisk to blend the mixture and set aside.
4. Place the sugar in another dish in an even layer.
5. Dip a slice of bread on both sides in the two chicks egg white mixture. Place in hot frying pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until the bread is slightly browned.
6. Lightly press each side of cooked French toast into the raw sugar and return to the pan. Cook for 1 minute on each side or until the sugar has browned and is crisp.
7. Repeat with the remaining bread.