Make meringues with Two Chicks free-range liquid egg white in advance, then use some of them to make this lovely frozen dessert.
Preparation time: 25 minutes, plus freezing time
Cooking time: 2 hours for meringues
– 200ml (1/3 pint) Two Chicks free-range liquid egg white
– 250g (9oz) caster sugar
– 100g (4oz) raspberries
– 100g (4oz) strawberries, halved
– 400g (14oz) low fat vanilla yogurt
1. Preheat the oven to 140°C, fan oven 120°C, Gas Mark 1, Line two baking sheets with non-stick baking parchment.
2. In a large grease-free bowl and using a hand-held electric whisk, whip the two chicks egg white until it holds its shape. Gradually add the sugar, whisking well until stiff and glossy.
3. Spoon or pipe the meringue into 8 nests on the baking sheets.
4. Bake in the oven for 2-3 hours. The meringue is dried out rather than cooked at this low temperature. Cool completely.
5. Lightly crush 4 meringues. Reserve a few berries for decoration, then lightly crush the remainder and mix with the vanilla yogurt and crushed meringues. Pour the mixture into a freezer container, cover and freeze for 4-6 hours, or overnight.
6. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Scoop into bowls and serve with the reserved fruit.
You will have 4 meringue nests left over to use for another dessert. Keep these in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Prepare a batch of meringues in advance, then it only takes a few minutes to put the frozen dessert together.
55.5g carbohydrate of which 51g sugars
0.7g fat of which 0.5g saturates
98mg sodium equivalent to 0.2g salt