Preparation & cook time: 55 minutes
Cannot be frozen
– 1 carton Two Chicks liquid egg white.
– salt and pepper, to taste.
– 225 g | 8 oz | 1 cup grated cheese, e. g. Cheddar.
– olive oil.
– 4 – 6 sausages, casings removed, sliced.
– 300 g | 11 oz mushrooms, sliced.
1. Heat the oven to 200°C (180° fan) 400°F gas 6.
2. Whisk together the Two Chicks liquid egg white, salt and pepper. Fold in 3/4 of the cheese. Set aside.
3. Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a large ovenproof frying pan. Add the sausage and cook until well browned, for 5-8 minutes. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper, then transfer to a bowl.
4. In the same pan heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, until browned and tender. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the bowl with the sausage.
5. Return the sausage and the mushrooms to the pan and heat over a medium heat for 1 minute. Add the egg white mixture and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Do not stir.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is bubbling. Cut into wedges to serve.