Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
– 100g (4oz) plain flour.
– Pinch of salt.
– 100ml (3 1/2fl oz) Two Chicks liquid egg white
– 250ml (9fl oz) skimmed milk
– Low fat cooking spray or 1 tsp vegetable oil
– 200g (7oz) smoked salmon
– 1 small ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
– Handful of rocket leaves
– 150g (6oz) low fat soft cheese
– 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
– Freshly ground black pepper
– Lemon wedges, to serve
1. Sift the flour and salt into a large jug or mixing bowl. Add the Two Chicks liquid egg white and milk and beat with a wire whisk to make a smooth batter.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan and spray with low fat cooking spray or brush with vegetable oil. Pour in a quarter of the batter, tilting the pan so that it flows evenly across the surface. Cook over a medium heat until the surface has set, then flip the pancake over to cook the other side.
3. Make 4 pancakes in total, adding a little low fat cooking spray or vegetable oil each time. Keep the pancakes in a warm place until all of them are cooked.
4. Serve the pancakes topped with smoked salmon, avocado and rocket. Mix the low fat soft cheese with some of the dill. Spoon on top, sprinkle with extra dill and black pepper, then serve with lemon wedges.
Slice the pancakes into wedges to serve as canapés.
Remember! two chicks free-range liquid egg white is both fat free and cholesterol free, meaning that it is helpful for anyone on a low fat or cholesterol-reducing diet.
Make sweet pancakes by topping with sliced bananas and low fat Greek yogurt, drizzled with a little honey. Or simply serve sprinkled with lemon juice and a little sugar.