Preparation & cook time: 30 minutes
Cannot be frozen
For the Crêpes:
– 115 g | 4 oz | 1 cup plain (all purpose) flour
– 1 pinch salt
– 230 (8 fl oz) ml Two Chicks liquid egg white
– 350 – 400 ml | 12 – 14 fl oz | 1 ½ – 1 ⅔ cups milk
– 1 cooked beetroot, grated
– 1 tbsp vegetable oil, for frying
For the filling:
– 225 g | 8 oz | 1 cup cooked white rice
– 100 g | 3 ½ oz beansprouts
– 200 g | 7 oz bok choi, chopped
– 400 g | 14 oz canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
– 180 g | 6 oz jar mushrooms in oil, drained
– 2 tbsp rice vinegar
– 1 tsp chilli sauce
– 1 tsp agave syrup
1. For the crepes: sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the egg whites and beat well.
2. Add the milk and beat until smooth, then stir in the beetroot. Stir in more milk if the batter is too thick.
3. Lightly oil a pancake or frying pan and heat until smoking hot. Add enough batter to coat the base. Cook until set and lightly golden then turn over and cook for another 50 seconds. Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining batter, greasing the pan between each pancake.
4. Slide the cooked pancakes onto a plate, layering up the pancakes with non-stick baking paper, so they don’t stick together.
5. For the filling: mix together all the ingredients until well blended.
6. Divide the filling between the crepes, placing it in the centre of each one and roll up.