Preparation & cooking time: preparation:15 min / cooking time:15 min
Cannot be frozen
– 100g Unsweetened desiccated coconut
– 50g Sukrin zero calorie sweentener
– 5 tbsp of Two Chicks liquid egg white
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Dark chocolate for decoration (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 180′c, and line a baking sheet with grease proof paper.
2. In a bowl whisk the egg whites with the vanilla extract until they are white and fluffy.
3. In a separate bowl mix together the coconut and sweetener.
4. Tip the dry ingredients into the wet and stir everything together, making sure all the coconut has a thin coating of egg so it sticks together.
5. Take a dessert spoon and scoop a small spoonful of mixture. Using your hand squeeze the mixture as tightly as you can onto the spoon. You can then slide the rugby ball shaped macaroon carefully onto your baking sheet. I found this be the best method rather than just squeezing them in your hands as they tend to fall apart!
6. If you find they don’t stick together even with this method, add another egg white to the mixture. Please note that the more egg white you add the softer the macaroons become.
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Don’t over bake them as they will become dry.
8. Leave the macaroons to cool on the baking tray. If you try to remove them whilst they are still warm they will fall apart.
9. Whilst they are cooling melt the chocolate over a pan of hot water and drizzle over the cooling macaroons. Leave the chocolate to cool completely, then they are ready to enjoy!