Preparation & cooking time: preparation:5 min / cooking time: 2-3 min
Cannot be frozen
– 70g Oat flour
– 20g Whey Protein (I like to use vanilla flavour)
– 2 tbsp of Two Chicks liquid egg white
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– Enough water to make a thick batter – I haven’t put an amount as this differs wildly from the different protein brands. I use approx 50ml
I would always suggest adding a topping to mug cakes made with whey protein as they can be a little drier than those made with casein.
I like to use a mixture of berries which I microwave for 2 minutes then add some sugar free syrup to sweeten them. I used 90g of frozen berries in this image which is just right for the size.
1. whisk everything together, adding water little by little until the mixture resembles pancake mixture.
2. Pour the mixture into a plastic microwave safe bowl and microwave on full power for 2 minutes (if you have an old or not very powerful microwave you might need to cook it for slightly longer) I prefer to use a plastic bowl as it doesn’t heat up and burn you when you try to take it out! You can use a large mug or ceramic bowl just be careful when you take it out of the microwave.
3. These microwave ‘mug’ cakes are designed to be eaten immediately and don’t keep. What a shame, you’ll have to eat then entire thing there and then.