Preparation & cooking time: preparation 10 min / cooking time 10 min
– 400ml (14fl oz) Two Chicks liquid egg white.
– 3 tablespoons skimmed milk.
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano.
– 50g (2oz) chorizo sausage, thinly sliced.
– 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped.
– 1 small onion, thinly sliced.
– 2 slices sourdough bread, or rustic bread.
– 8 cherry tomatoes, halved.
– chopped fresh flat leaf parsley.
1. Beat together the two chicks liquid egg white with the milk and oregano. Set aside.
2. Cook the chorizo in a non-stick saucepan or frying pan until the fat starts to run, then add the green pepper and onion. Cook over a low heat for about 6-8 minutes until soft.
3. Add the egg white mixture and cook over a medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon until set and scrambled – about 2-3 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, lightly toast the sourdough or rustic bread. Serve on warm plates with the scramble, topped with the cherry tomatoes and sprinkled with parsley.
Use red or yellow pepper instead of green, if you prefer. You could also use 4-5 chopped spring onions instead of a small onion.
Another time, make the scramble with a chopped courgette and sliced mushrooms instead of the pepper and onion.
30g carbohydrate of which 10g sugars
7g fat of which 3g saturates
631mg sodium equivalent to 1.6g salt