Preparation & cooking time: preparation:5 min / cooking time: 6 min
Cannot be frozen
– 200ml (7fl oz) Two Chicks liquid egg white
– 3 tablespoons skimmed milk
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano or mixed dried Italian herbs
– Few drops of vegetable oil
– 4 tablespoons tomato and basil pizza sauce
– 100g sun-dried tomato
– 1/2 roasted pepper (from a jar, packed in brine), torn into pieces
– 65g fat-reduced mozzarella cheese, torn into pieces.
– freshly ground black pepper
– basil leaves or rocket, to garnish
1. Preheat the grill.
2. Beat the Two Chicks liquid egg white with the milk and dried herbs, season with a little pepper.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan. Pour in the egg white mixture and cook on the hob over a medium heat until set – about 2 minutes. Cook under the grill for 30-40 seconds to set the surface.
4. Spoon the pizza sauce over the surface of the set egg white, then arrange the sun-dried tomato and torn-up pepper over the top with the pieces of mozzarella. Grill for 3-4 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the topping is hot. Slide onto a warm plate and serve, garnished with basil or rocket.
Vary the toppings – add pepperoni or salami slices, Parma ham, char-grilled courgette or asparagus and grated Cheddar instead of mozzarella.
Per serving (serves 1)
42g carbohydrate of which 35g sugars
9.5g fat of which 4.5g saturates
1313mg sodium equivalent to 3g salt