Preparation & cook time: 30 minutes
Cannot be frozen
For the pancakes:
– 225 ml | 8 fl oz | 1 cup milk.
– 6 tbsp Two Chicks liquid egg white.
– 85 g | 3 oz | ¾ cup flour.
– 1 tbsp brown rice sugar.
– 1 tbsp baking powder.
– 1 tsp vanilla extract.
– vegetable oil, for frying.
For the orange syrup:
– 225 ml | 8 fl oz | 1 cup honey.
– 110 ml | 4 fl oz | 7 tbsp orange juice.
– 2 tsp grated orange zest.
– 1 tsp ground cinnamon.
1. For the pancakes: whisk all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
2. Lightly oil a pancake or frying pan and heat until smoking hot. Add enough batter for a fairly thick coating. Cook until set and lightly golden then turn over and cook for another 50 seconds. Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining batter, greasing the pan between each pancake.
3. Slide the cooked pancakes onto a plate, layering up the pancakes with non-stick baking paper, so they don’t stick together.
4. For the orange syrup: heat all the ingredients in a pan, stirring until heated through and the honey has dissolved. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
5. Shred the pancakes and put into serving dishes. Pour over the orange syrup and serve immediately.